Xhorse Condor XC-Mini Plus II is able to duplicate a Honda Civic/Acura Integra SY key (pretty thin). The procedure includes 3 steps: cut the blank thin, cut key tip cutting & cut key bitting. The new Civic/Integra key is pretty thin, so we’ll use the No.123 key blank for duplication. Condor II is the only Xhorse machine that can cut this super thin key.
Check on Youtube for full operations:
Step1. Cut The Blank Thin
- Setting, Installation & Calibration
Settings >> Cutting setting >> Probe and cuter diameter setting >> 1.0mm probe, 2.5mm cutter, save
After installing M5 clamp, 2.5mm cutter & 1.0mm probe to Condor II, go to do a device calibration: Manual cutting >> Line mode >> Initialize
- Detect Z Points
This is to determine the height reference points. Here we’ll first detect 6 points and 2 points next.
– Insert the key blank & tighten M5 clamp.
– Move the probe till it’s right above the key blank by pressing X/Y.
– Long press Z point to record the point.
*Currently XC-Mini Plus II supports recording 2-6 points. Users can record 6 points directly and cut it thin. However, these points have to be recorded precisely. And it’s hard to recod with human eyes(you may need a vernier caliper). So it’s recommended to record 8 points to finish cutting.
- Cut Thickness
Start cutting >> 1.50mm cutting depth >> Cut
Just wait Condor Mini Plus processing…
Take out the key when completed, we can see the area within the 6 points are completely thinned.
Go on to cut the head part of the key.
Insert the key reversely.
Start cutting >> Cut
We’ve finished the 6-point area cutting.
- Record Last 2 Points & Cut The Rest.
– Calibration again: Manual cutting >> Line mode >> Initialize
– Insert & tighten the key blank
– Detect Z point, then 2 points
– Cut 2 sides: start cutting >> 1.50mm cutting depth >> Cut
The key blank has been cut thin.
Step2. Key Tip Cutting
- Mark the key blank based on the shape of the original key tip.
- Manual cutting >> line mode >> Initialize
- Insert the key blank & tighten the clamp.
- Detect Z point & 3 marked points.
- Start cutting >> 1.75mm cutting depth >> Cut
Step3. Key Bitting Cutting
Automotive >> Brand/model >> Civic >> SY
The 2 sides of Civic keys differ in bitting.
So we should decode both sides:
- Insert the original key & tighten, A Side >> Decode key
- Flip the key and tighten again, B Side >> Decode key
- Remove original key to insert new key blank on clamp, A Side >> Start cutting >> Cut
- Flip the key blank, B Side >> Start cutting >> Cut
Key bitting duplication completed.
It can work perfectly to open the lock.
This is how to use XC-Mini Plus II to copy a Honda Civic/Integra SY key. More tutorials about Xhorse Key Cutting Machine to be updated.