To program VW Audi 5th IMMO keys like A4, A5, Q5, A6L, A8L, Touareg, Xhorse BCM2 Solder Free Adapter would help a lot. Users can easily select the corresponding method on VVDI Key Tool Plus to work with it.
There are mainly 2 types of car models in programming Audi 5th keys:
- Models that no need sync data.
This type of models only need to get immo data for key adding & all keys lost. The representative models are A4, A5, Q5.
Ways to get immo data:
- For vehicles before 2012, can use VVDI to read by OBD directly; Or use VVDI PROG + VVDI2 to read & decode D-FLASH, P-FLASH from BCM. This type of non-encrypted BCM can be used for BCM clone & maintenance with VVDI PROG.
- For vehicles after 2012, Audi BCM2 Solder-Free Adapter is necessary to read immo data. After that, users will be able to convert data via VVDI2 or VVDI Key Tool Plus for key match.
Note: Data read by Xhorse BCM2 Adapter is only used for key programming, no support BCM clone maintenance.
Suppose that you don’t have the Audi BCM2 Adapter when all keys lost, you may have to pay an additional cost $170-$500 for data calculation via OBD. With the adapter, all these are free.
- Models that need sync data.
This type of models need to get immo data & synchronous data simultaneously. The representative models are A6, A8, Touareg.
For key adding situation, either VVDI2 or VVDI Key Tool Plus can get immo data by OBD regardless of years. Users can get synchronous data from a working key without having to read BCM. It’s very relatively simple.
For all keys lost situation, certain CVT gearbox of vehicles before 2012 support to read BCM data via VVDI PROG. Then users can follow steps on VVDI2 or Key Tool Plus Pad to online calculate synchronous data.
(*Few cars are workable in this way, it requires experienced locksmith to read directional lock and engine data, short circuit communication line. It’s not recommended to do without experience.)
As for vehicles after 2012, those BCM are generally locked. At this time, the Audi BCM2 Solder-Free Adapter can help to read out data. After that, users should convert immo data via VVDI2 or VVDI Key Tool Plus. If it allows to read directional lock and engine data again, which means it supports to get synchronous data for all key lost programming. If not, users should find third-party calculation.
- Xhorse Solder Free Adapter is a one-time deal, only cost $121 to support many Audi models.
- Without adapters, users may have to pay $500 and more for data calculation.
- Calculation cost with data read by Xhorse adapter will be much lower than simply read by OBD.
It’s recommended to have Xhorse BCM2 Solder Free Adapter for locksmiths who usually program VW/Audi 5th immobilizer system keys. The adapter not only greatly save cost, but also earn more for next time job. It will pay for itself once using it.